1. What are the genetically engineered robots called in the film ‘Blade Runner’?
2. Goleo, Spheriks, Ciao, Naranjito and Tip & Tap were all examples of what?
3. The amphibious and airborne German plan to invade Britain in 1940 was known as Operation what?
4. In which films does John Malkovich play the following roles? One point for each correct answer.
a. Cyrus ‘the virus’ Grissom
b. Vicomte Sebastian de Valmont
c. John Malkovich
d. Humma Kavula
f. Osborne Cox
5. Which band has had a record 36 top ten albums in the US charts?
6. What was the name of the German engineer who invented the first rotary engine?
7. The OSS was the predecessor of which organisation?
8. Which 1972 album was the only number one UK album in the 1970s with the name of a country in the album title? (note: The word America is not the name of a country)
9. The three worst maritime disasters in history all occurred in 1945. In which sea did all three ships go down?
10. Uncle Ernie, cousin Kevin and Captain Walker are some of the characters in which opera?
Answers on Monday
More and more employers are doing preliminary interviews over the phone. This differs from face to face interviews in many aspects. One major aspect is body language and facial clues. On the phone a person is harder to read and therefore harder to adjust your responses. The questions arises: How do you master a phone interview? This infographic gives ten tips on how to better prepare yourself for a phone interview.
Some of the tips are common sense but are still needed to be practiced. One of the major ones is to do your homework and research the company. Employers liked it when an interviewee has knowledge of the company and of the position they are applying. Another tip is to charge your phone and find a quiet place. It would be bad if the phone call is dropped or you cannot hear the questions being asked. Another tip is do not ramble with your answers, be clear and concise. The interviewer does not want hear your life story but a succinct answer to their question.
Preparation is the key in doing interviews or the phone. I have two tips to include to the list and one is to have the tips in front of you during the interview, a second have a mirror in front of you to check your smile. A smile does show up in your voice.