1. Which epic Hollywood film was the most expensive movie made during the 1960s?
2. Ruy Lopez, Monkey’s bum, King’s Indian, Semi Tarrasch, Sicilian, Clam variation, Scotch game and Giuoco piano are all examples of what?
3. What is the more common name for magnesium sulphate?
4. What is a part of the digestive system and the currency in Costa Rica?
5. In which two films based on Steven King books does Morgan Freeman play a role? One point for each correct answer.
6. John James Audubon is famous for his paintings of what?
7. There were four number one singles in the UK charts during the 1970s with a city (or town) in the song title. Can you name them? One point for each correct answer.
8. Wenlock and Mandeville have been described as a “drunken one night stand between a Teletubby and a Dalek”. Who are Wenlock and Mandeville?
9. Which large sea in the south-western Pacific ocean is named after a German?
10. Who was the daughter of the prophet Muhammad?